Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fit EV rated most efficient car available!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:31 pm 
Site Moderator

This is going to make people want them even more now!

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/108 ... rs-of-2013

(1) 2013 Honda Fit EV: 118 MPGe

Not only is the Honda Fit EV a well-executed electric conversion that's fun to drive, it ranks as the single most-efficient electric car you can drive out of a dealership today.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

Post subject: Re: Fit EV rated most efficient car available!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:53 am 

I like how it did add the disclaimer

"You can get one, that is, if your dealer has one. Honda lowered its lease price to $259 and produced instant waiting lists."

Fit EV #163 - delivered 7/16/13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:51 am 

Not ragging on the car ( I want a Fit EV ) but I think the author left out a few cars that scored higher in the mpge category. The Spark EV is actually rated by the EPA as more efficient than the Fit EV. The comments note such at the bottom of the article. The author replies that the Spark EV isn't available on the EPA website therefore it was not included. I pulled up the Spark EV up on the EPA website with no problems so I don't know what the author is talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:27 pm 

ravadac wrote:
Not ragging on the car ( I want a Fit EV ) but I think the author left out a few cars that scored higher in the mpge category. The Spark EV is actually rated by the EPA as more efficient than the Fit EV. The comments note such at the bottom of the article. The author replies that the Spark EV isn't available on the EPA website therefore it was not included. I pulled up the Spark EV up on the EPA website with no problems so I don't know what the author is talking about.

Reader comments indicate John may have overlooked the Spark EV. In any case the Fit, Spark, and 500 are all within 1-2% of each other, and other items may have more effect on efficiency and range. Pack size and depth of discharge, thermal battery management, aerodynamics, or heat pump HVAC will combine with individual circumstance to provide best efficiency. The close competitive grouping indicates improvement will have to come in the form of better batteries to drive EV progress forward.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:26 am 
Site Moderator

ravadac wrote:

From a pure electric motor comparison I would agree on your statement. However the Spark EV does not have the greatest interior on fit and finish and just looks cheap and its tiny. The 500e is a great car but dealers are gouging buyers since of its limited availability and its also tiny.

With all those factors I would say 1. Fit Ev 2. Nissan Leaf 3. Ford focus Ev 4. Fiat 500e 10. Spark ev.

Would be the order of purchase next time around if I were to crash my Fit.

Lease FIT EV 5/25/2013 #212

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:16 am 

bobowah wrote:

From a pure electric motor comparison I would agree on your statement. However the Spark EV does not have the greatest interior on fit and finish and just looks cheap and its tiny. The 500e is a great car but dealers are gouging buyers since of its limited availability and its also tiny.

With all those factors I would say 1. Fit Ev 2. Nissan Leaf 3. Ford focus Ev 4. Fiat 500e 10. Spark ev.

Would be the order of purchase next time around if I were to crash my Fit.

The story was just rating the most efficient - not the most luxurious. Given those rules, the Spark EV is more efficient than the Fit EV. As far as fit and finish go I can't comment. There have been many articles saying that both the Fit EV and Spark EV lack a refined feel. Although many articles say the Spark EV is what the Spark should have been. I know, I love the fit and finish in my Volt and considering they borrowed heavily from the Volt for the Spark EV, I can only imagine its pretty decent. The Volt's build and ride quality is rock solid. Since I haven't sat in either the honda or the spark I will reserve judgement until I do. If I were rating them based on all of the research I've done then I would put the Fiat and iMiev at the bottom of the list, they seem the least refined. The Rav4 EV would probably be at the top spot and the focus, leaf, spark, and fit ev somewhere in the middle as of right now. Again though since my point of reference is that of a 'waitlister', my opinion may change with hands on experience.

With that all being said I like the looks of the Rav4 EV and the Fit EV the best.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:37 pm 
Site Moderator

blownb310 wrote:
Not only is the Honda Fit EV a well-executed electric conversion that's fun to drive, it ranks as the single most-efficient electric car you can drive out of a dealership today.[/b]
Driving one of the most efficient cars on the road is still a very high priority for me. As such, I am strongly considering the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq EV, now that it is the new king. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/PowerSea ... typ=newAfv

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:06 pm 

Hmmm...nice to have the numbers. Efficiency makes sense. But range has to be of equal importance in my book. You may take an efficiency hit for adding range, but without drastic range improvements we won't see exponential growth in the EV market. I think it's better to support cars like the bolt that strive for more mass market appeal and, ultimately, economies of scale that will lead to faster improvements and more competitiveness in the EV market.

blownb310 wrote:
blownb310 wrote:
Not only is the Honda Fit EV a well-executed electric conversion that's fun to drive, it ranks as the single most-efficient electric car you can drive out of a dealership today.[/b]
Driving one of the most efficient cars on the road is still a very high priority for me. As such, I am strongly considering the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq EV, now that it is the new king. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/PowerSea ... typ=newAfv