Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EV Roadmap 7 Event in Portland Oregon
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:08 am 

There is a big EV event being held later this month in Portland Oregon and Honda is one of the event sponsors.

Robert Langford, The manager for plug in vehicle sales for American Honda will be part of the opening discussion. (For Fit EV owners, he's also the person that authorized delivery of your Leviton charger)

How many Fit EVs can we get to show?

http://evroadmapconference.com/program/

http://evroadmapconference.com/about/

What: EV Roadmap 7
When: July 24 - 25, 2014
Where: World Trade Center, 25 SW Salmon Street Portland Oregon

Opening Plenary - A Report from EVRM10
Looking back from EV Roadmap 10 in 2017, we will be able to appreciate how quickly the electric vehicle industry changed. Join a panel of major automotive company representatives for a quick trip to the future, and a wide-ranging kickoff to EV Roadmap 7

Moderator: John Voelcker | Editor, Green Car Reports Frank Breust | Vice President Governmental Affairs, California BMW Group
Mike Tinskey | Global Business Leader, Vehicle Electrification, Ford Motor Company
Robert Langford | Manager, Plug in Vehicle Sales for American Honda
David Peterson | EV Regional Manager, Nissan North America, Inc.
Alex Keros | Manager, Advanced Vehicle and Infrastructure Policy, General Motors
Dave Patterson | Chief Engineer, Mitsubishi Motors R&D of America

2014 Fit EV#369
1971 Ford Bronco Half-Cab

Post subject: Re: EV Roadmap 7 Event in Portland Oregon
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:29 am 
Site Moderator

Sorry, I won't be able to make it cross-country in my Fit EV... :cry:

But it's both interesting and odd to see Honda take such a high-profile role in this event - not only participating in the panel, but actually sponsoring the event itself, along with Nissan. Compared to the other manufacturers participating in the panel (BMW, Ford, Nissan, GM, Mitsubishi), Honda is the only one that has shown zero commitment to nationwide availability of EVs, or even PHEVs. They re the only one on that list that just offers a single compliance EV and a single compliance PHEV.

I'd be very curious to learn more about what Honda might have in store for us for when our leases are up!

Post subject: Re: EV Roadmap 7 Event in Portland Oregon
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:04 am 

There is a $400 cost to register for the seminars. Street parking around the world trade center is not all that great. I think there is one EV charging station on the street and most of the rest is parking garages around town. I work downtown and will be in town during the seminars. Do you know if they are planning to do a rally or anything else geared more towards owners? The event programs seem to focus more on government and manufacturing.

2014 Fit EV #293