Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NDEW - HUNTINGTON BEACH "PLUG INTO EXCITEMENT"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:46 pm 

Boasting 250,000 sq. ft. of event space, larger than 4 football fields, and already more than 40 corporate and company exhibitors, it is poised to be one of the largest Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) events in the country, if not the world. Attendance is conservatively forecast at 20,000, it could easily be double that. There will be more than 20 automobiles to drive, there are even global debuts on tap!
But this is not just an automobile exhibit, there will also be electric bicycles and skateboards to ride, electric surfboard demos and exotics, trucks, motorcycles, boats, and buses will be showcased. Of course there will also be special guests.
Talk to representatives from the utilities providers, photovoltaic manufacturers and installers, EV supply equipment manufacturers, public charging station companies, conversion and after-market product manufacturers and retailers. California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE) will have a booth to answer rebate questions and Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation is exhibiting to discuss their involvement in CleanTech and Advanced Transportation. Hyatt Regency, Motivo, Exhibit Options and Hydra are partners on the expo.
It is a family event, bring the kids to have their own experience including bounce houses, electric RC plane demonstrations and other entertainment. Arrive in a PEV and receive VIP parking. There are contests, giveaways and more PEV information than you will be able to process in one day.
So go to the web page Plug In To Excitement!, register to attend (first 250 vehicles registered receive free parking), check out all of the phenomenal exhibitors and speakers, and Like it and Follow it for daily updates on developments as they happen.
For information on any of the other 200 events across the country, click National Drive Electric Week. https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=153.

Post subject: Re: NDEW - HUNTINGTON BEACH "PLUG INTO EXCITEMENT"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:50 am 

We will have a special parking section for all registered Fit EV registered guest. Sign up today. https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=153

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:25 am 
Site Moderator

make an EV visit to my hometown Huntington Beach! I'll be there and hope to make this into a 1% of the Fit EVs meetup. We have 3 on the list right now. Looking for 7 more Fit EVs. The event website has much info and maps.

See you Saturday September 20th at the beach.

D25

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:01 pm 
Site Moderator

ISQRDR wrote:
We will have a special parking section for all registered Fit EV registered guest. Sign up today. https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=153
The record of five Fit EV's in a single place at the same time [RI last year] will fall this year. I've got 6 signed up for my Cohoes, NY NDEW event and I know there are more in my immediate area.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:07 am 

We have 6 Honda Fit EV's registered so far, maybe Huntington Beach will break the record.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:22 am 
Site Moderator

The West Coast Fit EVs are up to 7 registered for the event. Keep up the good work spreading the word on the event details and signing up to make a day of it.

Surf City shall set the meetup record this year!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:38 am 
Site Moderator

I know it's busy on the day of the event but if you could try to get all of the FEV's together for a group shot, that would reset the record. Pics! or it didn't happen [lol].

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:21 pm 

Fun idea. Could whoever might be able to arrange that let us know where to assemble a few days before the event?

2014 Fit-EV #097

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:37 pm 

I signed up yesterday and there were 9 Fit EVs on the registration page!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:39 am 

Will there be L2 charging available once I get there? Huntington Beach is just out of reach in terms of range for me to make it and back home. I will need to bring my family and they are not as tolerant to have to find a L2 charger on the way home and wait (I have small kids). If there is charging at the event, I'll be there!

2014 Honda Fit EV #179 - acquired on 1/1/2014