Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: More than 37K mile mark?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:46 pm 

which website, i have logged into the ev.owners website and found no such information.

2013 #0098
2013 fiat 500e
2011 miata race car :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:54 pm 

Supposed to be on the Honda Finance site where it tells you about payments due, number of payments remaining, etc. I haven't looked yet because my lease has 17 months to go. If you don't see any forms, I think you can call the Honda finance company. They're supposed to know about it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:56 pm 

Check the "When the lease ends" thread on this forum. It's discussed there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:19 pm 

Thanks...I posted elsewhere on the forum...I contacted Honda and they sent me the forms for extending the lease.
I have printed them and will mail them in the next few days.

Fit EV #234
Acquired 1-28-13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:35 am 

Ah, I see that you were the one who posted the info about how to get the forms - thank for that. I'll be extending the lease myself when the time comes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:56 am 

I have had the car for 23 months. I put 47K into it. I feel bad about it, but, love the car.

Fit EV #267

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:18 am 

I have 38,000 miles on my Fit #392.

I had an unpleasant experience with my local dealership in New Rochelle, NY yesterday. I had brought the car to the dealer in early January for a faulty washer fluid pump and a drivers door lock which would not lock or unclock from the key fob. The pump has replaced without a question. I assume the door lock only got some WD40 because it was not any better the next day.

Work commitments meant I could not drop the car off again until yesterday. I was immediately told that because my car is over 36,000 miles I would have to pay a $150 evaluation fee. I explained that this problem was not addressed properly in January, when the mileage was under 36,000 miles, and that I shouldn't have to pay the fee.

I also said it was a moot point because the Fit EV has a weird Honda warranty package which has unlimited miles/collsion coverage/maintenance coverage. I was shocked to be told that the warranty is only good to 36,000 miles. Even for a faulty door lock. This was confirmed by American Honda over the phone.

The case agent called this morning to say that on a one-off case Honda would pay to replace the door lock.

But this raises a bigger question for those of us who were thinking of extending the lease. Does the warranty get extended or are you on your own?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:16 am 

My understanding has always been that the warranty covered the car for the duration of the lease. I do not remember seeing anything in the lease extension that stipulated that the warranty was no longer in effect. Honda needs to clarify this for all owners who extended their lease.

Fit EV #234
Acquired 1-28-13

Last edited by bigelowrs on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:15 pm 
Site Moderator

bigelowrs wrote:
My understand has always been that the warranty covered the car for the duration of the lease. I do not remember seeing anything in the lease extension that stipulated that the warranty was no longer in effect. Honda needs to clarify this for all owners who extended their lease.

Agreed. That would cause me to reconsider extending the lease when it is up in July.

How was the lease extension handled? Certainly paperwork must have been signed detailing the lower payment terms. Check the paperwork for details.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:46 am 

Does anyone know if the scheduled maintenance is free after you hit the 36,000 mile mark? Nothing needs to be fixed on my car, but the light is on telling me to bring it in to the dealer for regular maintenance. I don't feel like paying anything for them to check the brake pads. I don't need the tires rotated either. Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next