Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: recall!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:25 am 

Just thought I'd commiserate with you fine folks over this Airbag debacle. I'd really hate to give up the EV for the few months it'll take to get the necessary parts. Honda is being gracious enough to offer loaner cars (gas powered of course) but i'd rather just risk it and maybe they give me some relief on the lease -- which in light of the eGolf deal is not looking so great.

Any thoughts out there? Do we just take our civic loaners and hope the parts come in sooner then later. Now i'm wishing i was higher up on that Tesla 3 list :)

Post subject: Re: recall!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:56 pm 
Site Moderator

I don't plan to worry about the airbag at all. I'll just keep enjoying my car and when the parts come in, great. I don't understand your comment about the e-Golf lease. Did you find a better lease deal than ours on an e-Golf?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:59 pm 

Both of my cars fall under the recall and I'm still driving them. You can't cover all the bases!

2014 Honda Fit EV #061
51k Miles - Philips 6200K LED Headlights - Koni STR.T Front Struts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:59 pm 

I've been flip flopping all over about this. I have both a Ridgeline and the FitEV under the recall. I'm not to worried about the fit since it is newer, but the Ridgeline is a 2007. I'm thinking about parking the RL and getting a loaner. I'm actually heading to honda now to pick up the Fit after a tire rotation and patch. I'll see what they offer.

Tim

FitEV 2014 #12 :D and a 2000 Insight MT -156k miles
Sold :(
2005 Civic hybrid MT -85k miles 55mpg
2000 Insight MT - 130k miles 83.5Lmpg
2001 Insight CVT - 203k miles 69.3Lmpg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:33 am 

I was in the same boat as far as letting the dice roll but after latest news of an airbag killing a teen in Dallas

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Texas- ... 99291.html

I am going to get a complimentary rental from Honda tomorrow. IMHO, having a wife and kid, saving a few bucks on gas isn't worth the chance of getting killed.

Fit EV #163 - delivered 7/16/13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:43 am 
Site Moderator

Quote from that article: "To date, 14 automakers have recalled about 24 million vehicles involving about 28 million Takata air bag inflators. They have been linked to more than 100 U.S. injuries."

Those are some pretty good odds, so I'm not going to worry about it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:38 pm 

This on the Consumer Reports Site:
Quote:
If you have a vehicle that was first sold in, or is registered in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands—take immediate action. If you haven’t already received notice in the mail, print out the results of your VIN search and contact your nearest Honda dealer. They have allocated the replacement parts to these high humidity areas and will replace the part once you’ve made an appointment. Honda will be sending notices to other areas on a rolling basis as the parts become available.

Since heat & humidity seem to have some link to the failures, I'm a little surprised that some of States like MD aren't included. Maybe the winters offset the hot, humid summers?

2014 #262