Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Highest mileage Fit EV?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:28 am 
Site Moderator

I know that I've heard of at least one Fit EV being over 50,000 miles. Has anyone topped that yet?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

Post subject: Re: Highest mileage Fit EV?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:38 pm 
Site Moderator

I haven't topped 50K but I'm at 48.25K miles and happily enjoying first few months of my lease extension in sunny Southern California. The car just goes and goes with very little attention.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:40 am 

I met someone at Plug-In Day last week and she is at about 46k with original tires at 2.5 years into her lease. She is a mobile notary. She said she has not has a single problem and plan to renew the lease in 6 months.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:20 pm 

I turned in mine at the beginning of this month. It was extended, but life circumstances changed and I needed a non-Tesla EV with DC charging.

Decided to pickup a Leaf with a 30 kWh battery. :roll: Planned to use for at least 5 years and decided to buy an EV that I thought would be under price pressure.

Odometer at turn in was 56,812. Car was rock solid and should be a great re-lease for the next user.

I just wish Chevy wasn't the one who outdid Honda's "Fit EV"...

Been "petroless" for 4 years and loving it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:51 pm 

I am at 56,300. By the time I return it on Oct. 11 I will be over 57,000.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:59 am 

56K here as well. I'm 3 weeks into my extension. Car has been solid but I think the battery has lost a bit of juice. Nothing huge but I seems like I'm getting a few less miles on a full charge.

Still think it's a perfect commuter car for me though. No complaints.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:31 pm 

SportMode247 wrote:
56K here as well. I'm 3 weeks into my extension. Car has been solid but I think the battery has lost a bit of juice. Nothing huge but I seems like I'm getting a few less miles on a full charge.

Still think it's a perfect commuter car for me though. No complaints.

I am a new leasee, and my car is at about 46,000 miles.....I wonder if your mileage loss occured slowly, or did it seem to happen "suddenly", or in a way you noticed? I ask because I have a long commute....one which currently uses between 53% to 68% of my battery capacity from home to work.....and of course, that is before winter. I am wondering if suddenly say at 50,000 mile i will begin to experience a range loss.......I am betting you will say it was a gradual loss, but I thought I would ask.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:59 am 

I have not noticed any degradation in battery. I can still get 100-mile days if I drive carefully.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:32 am 

I am a new leasee, and my car is at about 46,000 miles.....I wonder if your mileage loss occured slowly, or did it seem to happen "suddenly", or in a way you noticed? I ask because I have a long commute....one which currently uses between 53% to 68% of my battery capacity from home to work.....and of course, that is before winter. I am wondering if suddenly say at 50,000 mile i will begin to experience a range loss.......I am betting you will say it was a gradual loss, but I thought I would ask.[/quote]

Yeah, I would say it was gradual. I have a 60 mile round trip commute to work and I used to have 30-40% of my battery left when I got home. Now it seems like its around 20-30%.

But to be fair, I'm probably driving the car a bit differently now that we got chargers installed at work about a year ago. I don't worry as much about how much battery life I have left knowing I can charge at any time. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference though since I'm sitting in the same amount of traffic everyday.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:33 am 
Site Moderator

SportMode247 wrote:
But to be fair, I'm probably driving the car a bit differently now that we got chargers installed at work about a year ago. I don't worry as much about how much battery life I have left knowing I can charge at any time. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference though since I'm sitting in the same amount of traffic everyday.
It does make a difference when you can charge at both ends. When you stop caring, your miles/kW drops like a rock.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/