Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Highest mileage Fit EV?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:04 pm 

blownb310 wrote:
SportMode247 wrote:
But to be fair, I'm probably driving the car a bit differently now that we got chargers installed at work about a year ago. I don't worry as much about how much battery life I have left knowing I can charge at any time. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference though since I'm sitting in the same amount of traffic everyday.
It does make a difference when you can charge at both ends. When you stop caring, your miles/kW drops like a rock.

I agree with this......knowing you have plenty of margin to get to a charger lets me put the peddle to the metal.....I mean I already drive the EV so much more carefully than I ever did my old Kia, but when I know I have plenty of margin, then I will get out of the low speed lane for a while to get "around" some obviously distracted drivers......but this of course "costs" energy.....so yes, I agree with your point 100%

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:08 pm 

I have 64,000 miles on my 2014 Fit EV. The three-year lease is up December 6, 2016, and I have renewed for an additional two years. I still have the original tires, but will get those replaced soon courtesy of Honda.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:05 pm 
Site Moderator

Pippin wrote:
I have 64,000 miles on my 2014 Fit EV. I still have the original tires

Amazing. What do you run for tire pressure?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:30 am 
Site Moderator

Justin Tuttle just reported hitting 70,000 with no battery degradation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am 

Wow....very cool......not that this is actually a massive amount of mileage since my last 5 cars have gone over 200,000 miles, but for an EV this seems like quite an achievement! (when you consider it being done 82 miles at a time! :-) )

-Quentin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:20 pm 

I'm super excited to hear nothing negative about going over 50,000 miles.
The first re-lease available in my general area, if the dealership can get their stuff together, is a hair under 50,000.

Just saw a few pop up a couple hours away with ~20,000 miles, had me wondering if it'd be worth it to spend the estimated 10 hours of a day to get the lower-milage one sight-unseen.
With new tires, it doesn't sound like FEV cares if it's at 20k or 50k.

2013 Fit EV #257 (replaced 2014 Focus Electric)
2015 C-Max Energi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:14 pm 

We are now over 80,000 miles! It's been a great car. We are in our 8th month of the 2 year extension. Thanks to Steve @ Honda for the new tires.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:33 pm 
Site Moderator

donkyhooty wrote:
We are now over 80,000 miles! It's been a great car. We are in our 8th month of the 2 year extension. Thanks to Steve @ Honda for the new tires.
Awesome. How's the range holding up?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:55 am 

blownb310 wrote:
donkyhooty wrote:
Awesome. How's the range holding up?

I am at 62K miles with 10 months left in the two year extension. I also got the new tires at 59K and they were certainly needed, however range has suffered because of the new tires. They are Michelin all season tires and Tire Rack lists them as low rolling resistance tires but they are not the energy saver tires. At 59K and 4 years I took the car in for the air bag replacement and tire replacement. That morning I still had summertime range of 100 miles which hasn't changed since I first got the car. After I got the car back I was lucky to get 80 miles. I checked the air pressure and service had set them at 32psi. I bumped that up to 38psi and got back maybe 2 or 3 miles. I'm thinking of going to 40psi as the max pressure is rated at 44psi. After 3,000 miles the range has improved somewhat. I'm getting around 90 miles range on a good day and just this morning I had 78% SOC after 26.4 miles to work. Normally I would be sitting at 80% so I'm thinking I'll be ok this winter when range drops like a rock.

So, I'm disappointed in the range of the new tires but there is worlds of difference as far as handling goes. I didn't realize how bad those energy saver tires were handling. The new tires are quiet, better riding and it drives like a totally different car. It corners great and the tires don't squeal like a stuck pig anymore...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:15 pm 
Site Moderator

Regarding the new tires, those are my findings exactly. A bit less range but much improved wet traction.