Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Doesn't anything ever go wrong with these cars?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:35 am 
Site Moderator

I'm still on the original 12v battery at 4.5 years and 50-k. Both key fob batteries fine as well. Even the original wiper blades still wipe perfectly. Anyone else still rocking the original lead acid?

This has to be the most maintenance free and reliable car I'll ever own. We are totally spoiled. I know that has not been the experience for Sherri's new Bolt EV. The Soul EV people have the on board charger problems, all of the recalls for the 500e and Pacifica PHEV, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

Post subject: Re: Doesn't anything ever go wrong with these cars?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:04 pm 

I'm at 58k with the original 12v, Mike. I hope I didn't just jinx it! The only reason I have new wiper blades is because they came free with a replacement windshield.

I hope hope hope I can get another year when my second lease term ends in July.

Drew

Fit #446
Deposit put down 6-11-13
Picked up 7-18-13

Post subject: Re: Doesn't anything ever go wrong with these cars?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:33 pm 

My five years is up in June and I am hoping we can get a few more months beyond that. Our Fit has 65,000 miles on it now and it is looking a bit battle worn now. More paint is chipping off the dashboard and the car developed creaking sounds at 60,000 miles. The body seems to be flexing. It is still a good car and as someone else said, it hasn't caused us any trouble. I took it in for service about 2000 miles ago and they gave me a new 12 volt battery.

We use ours as our main around town car. On a typical day we put a minimum of 30 miles on it, with some days over 100. Last weekend I put 150 miles just going around town on errands with opportunistic charging at home between drives. Last summer my son had an internship where he drove 90 miles a day with charging at work... dirt cheap. I estimate we probably have lost 10% range. A certain drive I use to be able to make with a few miles to spare I can't do anymore so I know it has lost something.

Still disappointed that Honda did not come up with a car with Bolt range. We can make it work with 80 miles of range, but there are trips we can't make with the car.