Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: End of Lease Procedure
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:22 am 

My 6th year lease is ending and I have had nothing from Honda about returning the car.
Has anyone actually done an end of lease return?
Do you have to schedule an inspection through Honda Leasing like their other leases?
Can you just take it back to the dealer?
Besides the keys and cord any other paperwork required?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: End of Lease Procedure
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:00 pm 
Site Moderator

Fit EV return process [replies to this question from members of the Facebook group]:

"It was easy for me, just fax Honda finance a letter of intent to terminate and take the car to a dealer, have the used car manager sign your return paperwork which should be downloadable from your lease payment portal. Fax that completed doc to Honda finance and you're done with it."

"I wrote them a short letter and faxed it to them. They called back in about a week and scheduled a visit to the dealership. Your account will be considered closed from the date you returned it and would be fully processed probably a few weeks after that. For me, the dealership completely ignored Honda and didn't give them the paperwork so then I had to get the paperwork and fax it myself. Your account will still tell you that you need to pay, but that will all be removed once they fully process."

"It was easy, just called Honda financial services and faxed them a letter of intent, then once they approve drop it off, hand in keys, fob and manuals and have the cord set in the trunk. Walk away and don't pay anymore. Oh and there is a sign off sheet the dealer must have you sign as well."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

Post subject: Re: End of Lease Procedure
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:08 pm 

So the procedure was to call the Honda Financial Lease maturity center ( 8007086555 ) and speak to a person.
They started a case file and sent me a LEASED VEHICLE RETURN RECEIPT and ODOMETER DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
Which is a very simple 1 page form.
I took the form, the car and keys and charge cord to the dealer where I originally got the car 70 months ago.
He completed it, called it in to Honda Financial, gave me a copy of the completed form and my License Plates and I was done.
No faxing involved on my part.
61,308 trouble free, cheap, clean miles done.