Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sign of future Honda EV's?
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:18 am 

Looks like there may be some hope that Honda has plans for future EV's.

http://insideevs.com/japanese-automakers-form-nippon-charge-service-speed-charging-infrastructure-build/

The Fit EV is a US only product, and the only other current EV I know of is the Accord Plug-in Hybrid with 13 miles of battery range (6.7 kWh). Not sure they'd get financially involved in a venture like this if that was going to be their only battery powered vehicle, so they must have some sort of future plans?

They could possibly decide to make a "Japanese Only" Fit EV, but I don't think the Fuel Cell technology/market/infrastructure will be in place in time to replace (nor do I think it ever will) the BEV for those that want one. I beleive the Fit EV program and the number of other offerings coming to market have shown Honda that there is a strong (and growing) demand for BEV's, and they are not a company to ignore a segment of the market that could provide significant revenue.

Time will tell.

2014 #262

Post subject: Re: Sign of future Honda EV's?
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:03 pm 

Maybe. This looks to be a government industry partnership w the 3 large auto companies. It could just be appeasing Uncle Saito.

Post subject: Re: Sign of future Honda EV's?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:38 am 

The Fit EV model we have here in the US was available in Japan before we got it here in the states. It had two plugs, one on each side. One for the J-connetor we have and the other one for supper charging. There are some videos and documentation on the Japenese version which i believe was done in 2010 or 2011.

The new 2015 Fit, in Japan is available as a hybrid and BEV along with some other IEC engines.

Just thought you would like to know.

2014 Fit EV #351
2011 Ridgeline RTL w/Nav