Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just got the call in Corvallis, OR
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:11 pm 

After being on a waiting list for a year and giving up all hope (to the point of already ordering my husband a new car), I got the call yesterday that a unicorn is mine if I want it. Went for a test drive last night (the president of the dealership has his own Fit EV for customers to check out), and just committed to the lease this morning. This was totally unexpected and is happening fast (now I have to sell my Jetta TDI all of a sudden...), but I am VERY EXCITED!!! :D

Post subject: Re: Just got the call in Corvallis, OR
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:34 pm 
Site Moderator

CraftyCrab wrote:
After being on a waiting list for a year and giving up all hope (to the point of already ordering my husband a new car), I got the call yesterday that a unicorn is mine if I want it. Went for a test drive last night (the president of the dealership has his own Fit EV for customers to check out), and just committed to the lease this morning. This was totally unexpected and is happening fast (now I have to sell my Jetta TDI all of a sudden...), but I am VERY EXCITED!!! :D

That's fantastic--welcome to the owner's club and welcome to the forum! There is a lot of great info here waiting for you. I'm sure you will really enjoy the car.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:59 pm 

Thank you!

I visited this forum a lot when we first got on the waiting list last summer, and again yesterday as I was deciding whether or not to really take the plunge. It's already been very helpful, so thanks to everyone who comes here and contributes. Just as with my TDI (and TDIClub.com), the enthusiast community seems to be a great resource. I'll post a photo when I bring her home this weekend! EEEEeeeekkk!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:07 pm 
Site Moderator

CraftyCrab wrote:
I'll post a photo when I bring her home this weekend!

Did you choose the blue color? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:52 pm 

jackertracker wrote:
CraftyCrab wrote:
I'll post a photo when I bring her home this weekend!

Did you choose the blue color? :lol:

HA HA! I know - why post a photo when they all look the same?! It's just hard not to be excited and want to show the world my new Unicorn. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:56 pm 
Site Moderator

Congratulations!!!! We definitely need a picture of the Fit EV next to the Jetta TDI. It's funny, I have the same combination, and the TDI feels like such a last-century car now...

Welcome!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:23 pm 

Congratulations! You've joined the lucky club. We got ours just over two months ago, and we're even happier with it now than the day when we picked it up. Enjoy!

Honda Fit Ev 2014 #275

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:28 am 

Congrats! I just got mine last month and have been loving the gas free miles to work. My ICE car has been sitting in the driveway collecting pollen dust.

I hope I am as lucky come winter here in New Jersey as the expected range will diminish significantly, hence I have not done away with the ICE car totally. However, I am currently able to reach all 3 of my work locations with at least 50% battery life remaining and I have level 2 charging available at each destination so fingers crossed it works.

If this winter is successful then I will sell the ICE car and plan for my next EV purchase when this lease is up in a few years.

Fit EV #425