Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Production may be done very soon
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:12 am 

55 delivered in August - leaving 120 (if they produce all of the about 1100). That's 2-3 months and then done.

Was in my local dealer (Wilsonville Honda) for service, and they were told they are getting 1 more.

2014 #262

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:26 pm 

Those of us on the Ford Focus Electric forum (myfocuselectric.com) would welcome your participation. We are as enthusiastic about the FFE as you here are for the FIT EV. I think you can now lease an FFE for not a lot more than you would have paid for a Fit EV. People in some parts of the country seem to have trouble getting hold of them, but California is awash in FFEs so I think you can cut a deal if you happen to live here.

I was wait-listed for the FIT EV and eventually gave up. Now have the Focus electric and two Volts in our family (Volts are also very well priced these days). The FFE alone has 22,000 miles logged in just a year. The three cars put together are covering over 4,000 miles a month, almost none of it using gas except on planned trips (about 100 gallons total in the last year) .

Anyway, as the FIT winds down, look into alternatives that allow you to switch to electric driving. If the FFE interests you, please join us on the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:27 pm 

I agree with Michaelhonda, there are other alternatives that are very close to the same deal as the Fit. I never drove the Ford but I hear great reviews from other EV drivers.

I almost gave up on the Fit EV and started test driving the Chevy Spark EV. It is a great drivers car (2014 model has 400 ft lbs of torque!) if you can get over the looks and small size. It pains me to say this but the Spark EV is a faster, nimbler car than the blue moon Fit. The week I got my Fit EV, I was planning to get a Spark EV on a Saturday. But luckily I got the call from the Honda dealership on a Wednesday. Unfortunately for you east coasters the Spark EV is a California and Oregon only vehicle.

If you need a car today the Honda Fit EV is not for you :o . You have to want it deep down and ride the waiting list like you are on a unicycle navigating backwards through a Honda built obstacle coarse. If you do get lucky and get a call, it is imperative not to lose focus when jumping through the flaming hoops that is the the final steps of closing the lease. I failed to mention that once I got the call from Honda it was another TWO days before I took delivery. The dealership first thought it might be a Honda executive's car, then they said there was a problem because I did not pre-qualify with Honda Financial (which was never an option for me though the Fit EV site) then they did not like that I was not a home owner, I didn't have a a pre-qualified Honda Financial number, blah, blah, blah. At one point they told me the car was not available. After two sleepless nights and the patience of a saint I finally convinced them to just let me have it because I was more than qualified.

Side note I: I did not know they were only making 1100 for the 2 model years of production! I thought it was 1100 in '13 and 1100 in '14, thanks for the link FitEV315. Honda is right on track to meet their goals.

Side Note II: jackertracker your comments are right on point and I did not know the east coast dealers are asking for deposits. That would turn me off of the Fit EV all together. I do not blame you stuw6 for taking it back.

2014 Fit EV, #544

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:05 am 

Mine caught the dealer here totally by surprise.

2014 #537. Arrived Saturday. I was fifth on the call list - yet, 4 passed.

FitEV 2014 #537

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:51 am 

"I do not blame you stuw6 for taking it back."

On the bright side, my deposit was returned quickly. :roll:

Then the following week, the head of my 95 Civic cracked and I bought a loaded 40mpg rated Mazda 6. So far, I'm very happy with it and have been told great things about their expected reliability. Maybe I'll try to get a non ICE car in another 15 years or so. They should be more readily available by then, I hope. Screw Honda. What a terribly run program. Congrats to the lottery winners!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:17 pm 

When I was at the dealer this past Friday (October 10), Robert Langford told them I received the last Fit EV for their dealership. He said production had stopped and the last few were on a boat from Japan to the US.

Donna
Columbia, MD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:00 am 

2014 # 583 just arrived at Sunwest Honda in Newport Oregon on 1/24/15. It's not spoken for so call if you want the car. I was last on their list but turned it down because I already have one in my garage.

2014 Fit EV#369
1971 Ford Bronco Half-Cab

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:35 pm 

fozzybean wrote:
'14 Fit EV #535(Charged by solar)
'14 Fiat 500e (Charged by solar)

great minds think alike, though ours are 2013's

ImageUntitled by jeremy!, on Flickr

dont mind the ancient technology at the far right. its track only :twisted:

2013 #0098
2013 fiat 500e