Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fender bender
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:11 pm 

I was at the dog park today and a huge truck backed into my Fit EV. The driver was nice and I collected his insurance but he mashed in the charge connector. I tested out charging when I got home and it appears to still work.

The paperwork for the Fit EV says that Honda wants to do all repairs on the vehicle.

American Honda Motors Co,Inc. 2013/2014 Honda Fit EV - Import Information for Customers
"Collision coverage, which covers loss or damge to the vehicle, is not required, as Honda will be responsible for vehicle repairs with the Fit EV lease."

I called Honda Finance and they said I should just file a normal claim with their insurance and get the repair but I don't think that the service rep understood it was an EV. I contacted my dealer and they said that there is a "special" number I need to call to Honda because they need to send someone out and study the damages and any impacts batteries, etc. I can't find any number in my paper.

Does anyone know who to contact at Honda for Fit EV repairs?

Thanks for your help,

_________
2014 Honda Fit EV #574

Post subject: Re: Fender bender
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:29 pm 
Site Moderator

Call Lease Plan and they will create a claim report including the information from the other driver so that Honda can follow up with reimbursement for repair. After the report is filed they will direct you to have the vehicle inspected at a Honda repair dealership. After that, a few days and the repair should be authorized.

First step call Lease Plan.

Contact info on website and on the EV Honda link app.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:31 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=62&p=361&hilit=emergency#p361

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:22 am 

Thanks for your help, I contacted Lease Plan this morning and started the process.

_________
2014 Honda Fit EV #574

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:33 pm 

LastFitEV wrote:
Thanks for your help, I contacted Lease Plan this morning and started the process.

Can you keep us posted on the process? Just incase anyone here gets into an accident this way we have an idea what to expect. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:05 am 

Update:

5 days after notifying the lease plan I had not heard anything so I called them back. I think the Lease plan is not a Honda service and they operate several services because they ask who I work for before the connected me to someone who know about the FitEV. The guy apologized for not getting back to me and started searching the area for Honda approved body repair shops. The closest shop was 120 miles away. So he has to first send me to the near by Honda dealer to check our the electrical system then to a body shop that the local Honda dealer recommends. The Honda dealer is having me drop it off this coming up Wednesday morning, then I have to take it to the body shop, then wait for the quote to be approved. Really starting to be a pain, I think I should have said the car is undriveable and then maybe they could have just pick up the car and then returned it when it was ready.

More to follow...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:00 pm 

Update: Electrical check this Wednesday at dealer then to the body shop

This sounds silly, but a perk to having a busted charge connector door is that you don't have to hit the button to open it. A few times I walked out to the car to plug it in for the night, didn't have my keys, but was happy to find I could just open the door and plug it in. I wonder why they made that little door lock? It is not like some could open it and steal your electrons. ;)

_________
2014 Honda Fit EV #574

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:41 am 

I too had a fender bender 2 houses down from my house as a guy blew through a stop sign. Anyway, called lease plan Sunday late afternoon to start the claim. Monday morning someone called me back to follow up (also got emails). I was told to bring car, as it was drivable, to the dealer where I bought it some 35 miles away. They would inspect the electrical. Thereafter would have to drive it 5 miles across the same town to the approved auto body shop to have pictures taken to send to Honda for approval. Then I would drive back home another 35 miles and wait for approval then drive back for the actual repair. I even got a call from the body shop to check in with me. Everything went very smoothly.

However, I started thinking that this would be an all day affair not to mention I would have to charge the car while down there waiting for inspection and photo shoot. This is where the great news starts. I asked if it could be towed (for convenience sake). After a short wait, they approved the tow and then much to my surprise I was asked if I would like a rental!!! I have heard that rentals were not part of the lease but they got me one. The tow truck came, got my car and not I will wait to hear.

So far, unbelievable support and service. I hope I can follow this up with a successful finish to the process.

Mike in CT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:39 am 

Deer vs Unicorn, ..... minor front end damage. As noted above, took into local dealer for photos, when approved for repairs by Honda Lease, scheduled
an appt and they hooked me up with a nearby Enterprise rental of which they paid all insurance etc... except gas . No problems. I am in southern
Oregon and Honda Lease I dealt with was in Chicago.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:37 pm 
Site Moderator

mgeary0624 wrote:
...After a short wait, they approved the tow and then much to my surprise I was asked if I would like a rental!!! I have heard that rentals were not part of the lease but they got me one....

Mike, is it a rental or a loaner (free)?