Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PAS Needs improvement
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:24 am 

The PAS or Pedestrian Alert System isnt very good on this vehicle. Over the past 2 days, I have almost run over 3 coworkers in the parking lot at my job. Not to mention i might have been doing someone a favor had I been successful, but that is a different topic all together. If I wasnt paying attention, there would have been an issue as none of these people heard me coming even though i was moving under 12 miles per hour.

The current PAS system is a double edge sword. It is quite fun to sneak up on someone with your vehicle like those Hurby movies back in the day but at the same time, it can be very dangerous if the driver is not extra cautious. I made this one women at my job jump once she realized I was there. It was priceless...

Can Honda add a volume control and perhaps a choice of sounds you can use that the PAS will make? Maybe make it configurable like the ring tone on your phone?

I know there is already another post on here about it but i can't find it so i appologize if i am reinventing the wheel here.
thanks

2014 Fit EV #351
2011 Ridgeline RTL w/Nav

Post subject: Re: PAS Needs improvement
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am 

At one intersection in Boston, with all pedestrians on cell phones these days, 2 people have walked into my car now. It is dead silent when stopped, and I find it terribly amusing.

Fit EV #128