Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Maintenance still covered after 50,000 miles?.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:57 pm 

My service light is on now at 50,059 miles. Just wondering if it is still covered by Honda? I first called Sierra Honda but was told my service contract has expired because of the mileage. Has anyone got the free maintenance at the dealership after 36,000 miles. I am currently at the 26th month of the 3-year lease.

If not covered, I will simply reset the maintenance light myself.

Post subject: Re: Maintenance still covered after 50,000 miles?.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:26 am 

hey nylpug... I had my 37,500 mile checkup done as well as some bodywork around 38,000 miles. All free, no questions asked. I also had a tire blow
out around 35,000 miles which was replaced for free, although the dealer asked if I wanted to replace all 4 (on my dime) to save some money because
all 4 would need to be replaced in the near future. I called LEASEPLAN about this and was told that they pay for everything on the EV. When the dealer called
LEASEPLAN they were told the other 3 tires were not worn enough to replace YET. (2/32 I believe) All this leads me to believe Honda will replace my tires
when needed. You must have been down this road, what was your experience? thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:05 pm 

Maintenance covered. I have over 56K miles. At least a replacement set of tires will be available when the first (?) set is work down to ~2/32 or maybe 3/32. Depends on your dealer's relationship w the mother ship.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:22 am 

Took the car for the maintenance and no questions asked. I guess the maintenance is indeed included regardless of mileage. Advisor said my Tires are still good. If they need replacement, they will need to get Honda approval first though.

Side note: they will also do the airbag recall while they have the car. Did not even think about that when I brought the car in.