Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fender bender
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am 

JackerTracker,

It is not a loaner from Honda dealership it is a rental covered by Honda/Lease Plan from Enterprise. Reserved for 7 days and then extended if necessary. I was shocked. The guy at Enterprise said that they love "Fleet" customers because it is much less work on their end, I guess. So our cars are considered "Fleet" vehicles.

All they needed was my license, no credit card etc.

Best,
Mike

Post subject: Re: Fender bender
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:50 pm 

Update:

The repairs are complete. It took about a ~2 weeks and didn't cost my anything. Honestly this is a seriously good deal. So LeasePlan is a fleet management company unrelated to Honda but is covered under the Fit EV deal. https://www.leaseplan.com/ They take care of everything for you as if it was a company owned vehicle. The repair person said they also made sure he used all factory parts which made this little cost fender bender cost $2,500 to LeasePlan.

If this was to happen again, the first thing I would do is call LeasePlan, tell them what happened, provide the other person insurance to them, and then tell them that I believe the Fit EV is unsafe to drive. They would them come pick it up and drop off a rental in its place.

Its awesome not to have a deductible!