Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lease Return & Body Damage
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:47 pm 

I have less than 6 months to go on my lease.....today I came out from work only to find that a car or truck of some type but a nice scratch and dent along both passenger side doors; the side that was exposed to the street.

Fortunately it's not a huge dent--it's more like someone keyed the doors, but the are a couple of small dents where I guess the initial contact from the car was made and a bit of paint has chipped off.

Does anyone know if this is something Lease Plan covers......is this something my insurance covers......is this something that Honda won't even care about when I turn the car in?

Anyone out there have any experience or advice here? Car has 43K on it. Was thinking about keeping it (if Honda allows), but then again there are a lot of choices with more range or similar range but far less each month (FIAT 500e).

Do I fix this, or leave it be?

Help!

Post subject: Re: Lease Return & Body Damage
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:02 am 

Lease Plan covers all damages. You shouldn't be wasting money on insurance to cover damages to the car.

I have had this "while parked" damage, and Lease Plan covered it, no problem.

All this being said, with 6 months to go, and plans to return the car, I would not spend the time/energy required to getting it repaired. For me, it would not be worth the time out of the car, and Honda (Corporate) won't care.

'13 Honda Fit EV #165 (returned)
'14 Honda Fit EV #289 (totaled after 14K m)
'13 Honda Fit EV #26 (totaled after 22K m)
'70 Buick GS 455 Stg. 1 Ragtop

Post subject: Re: Lease Return & Body Damage
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:09 pm 

Thanks for the reply. I'm concerned that when I turn the car in I'll get nicked for the damage. Wouldn't Honda try and charge me for this above normal wear and tear?

If that's the case it would seem easier just to get it fixed. It's not a lot of damage but I don't know to the extent of how extensive of a repair this could be.

If I could be 100% sure that Honda wouldn't hit me for a repair bill at the end of the lease I'd probably leave it be. By the time the lease is up the car is going to have over 50,000 miles on it.