Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: rear ended
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:55 pm 

I was sitting at a stop light and all of a sudden got hit from behind. I was hit so hard that my car with the breaks already on skidded into the car in front of me. The guy how hit me had his bumper cover ripped off and in my rear wheel well.

Roadside assistance doesnt seem to be Honda. I know Honda wants to tow themselves but the police said I couldnt wait the hour that Roadside assistance quoted and had to use the service they called.

I assume this is the end of my FIT EV.

Honda Financial Services closed at 5:00 PM prompt so I have no one to talk to. The accident happened around 5:40 PM.

Post subject: Re: rear ended
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:10 pm 
Site Moderator

Very sorry to hear this Pete and from the sound of it, I'd agree that your car is finished. It is my understanding that there aren't any more front bumper covers available for our cars. Might you have taken any photos of the damage?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:28 am 

here are 4 photos I took.

You can tell the guy behind me didnt see there were cars stopped at a light based on the damage done to his car alone. The bumper cover I was referring to was his. you can see it coming out of my wheel well.

The front of the FIT EV only had minor damage as the car in front of me had enough space to allow my breaks to take most of the impact. The guy in front of me looked to make sure he didnt care about the damage to his car and he took off.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuAT1xvV5URrrQ90XD2q7VqyB1kX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:28 am 
Site Moderator

OK thanks. Perhaps that will be repaired then after all. Thanks for sharing the photos.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:42 pm 

Other than not being able call someone at Honda after 5:00 PM yesterday, I have to admit Honda Financial Services and their Insurance Manager "Lease Plan" have been nothing but helpful.

They took care of
1. locating a Honda Authorized shop to analyse the damage
2. arranging a tow from where the police towed the car last night to this authorized shop
3. arranging for a rental with pick-up service

I remember several of complaints several years ago from folks in accidents. I guess this process has been streamlined.