Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Lease extension beyond five years?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:00 am 
Site Moderator

A couple of members on the Fit EV Facebook page have reported that there is not an option for a sixth year and have turned their cars in.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:08 pm 

Dang. That's very bad news.

Fit #446
Deposit put down 6-11-13
Picked up 7-18-13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:30 pm 

I'd be tempted to lease another used FEV, but getting something with DC/Supercharging would be nice at some point.

2014 Honda Fit EV #061
51k Miles - Philips 6200K LED Headlights - Koni STR.T Front Struts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:32 pm 
Site Moderator

BoostLE wrote:
I'd be tempted to lease another used FEV, but getting something with DC/Supercharging would be nice at some point.
My local Kia dealer has been giving deeply discounted leases on Soul EVs recently. Back in May they had a batch of 6 that went out for $129/mo, true zero down, 3 yrs/ 10-k miles. Last week, on the last day of the month they let two go for $89/mo. same zero down deal. I almost went for it but 10-k miles is simply not enough for me. I'm chomping at the bit for fast charging. I just completed a 400 mile weekend round trip in my Fit EV.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:10 am 
Site Moderator

blownb310 wrote:
BoostLE wrote:
My local Kia dealer has been giving deeply discounted leases on Soul EVs recently. Back in May they had a batch of 6 that went out for $129/mo, true zero down, 3 yrs/ 10-k miles. Last week, on the last day of the month they let two go for $89/mo. same zero down deal. I almost went for it but 10-k miles is simply not enough for me. I'm chomping at the bit for fast charging. I just completed a 400 mile weekend round trip in my Fit EV.

The unlimited mileage on our lease is definitely a great thing. I've had my eye on the Ioniq--the subscription plan they are offering is quite similar to our FitEV deal. There are three trim levels, and the nicest one has a lot of the latest safety features (ACC, lane assist, automatic emergency braking, etc.). Right now, the Ioniq EV has a range of 124 miles, but is rumored to be going up to 200 later this year. I could live with 124, but nothing less than that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:12 am 
Site Moderator

An article on the 2018 Fit on Green Car Reports stated this:

Quote:
Honda wouldn't let lessees buy the Fit EV when the leases expired, but it did extend the lease period for two additional years in 2015.
A handful of Fit EV drivers have now received a second lease extension on top of that.

Are there any documented cases of anyone getting a second lease extension? I heard rumors that it would happen, then heard it wasn't happening.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:02 pm 

I received approval on my second extension this week from HFS. Extends for one year and paperwork is required to extend it like my first extension which I have not yet received.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:16 am 

I wonder if Honda is just carrying the leases into 2018. My first extension ends in July, 2018, and I suspect I won't get a second extension. Or perhaps they are looking at mileage since it appears some have to turn in the car this year.

Fit #446
Deposit put down 6-11-13
Picked up 7-18-13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:11 pm 

While I signed up for a 2 year extension my Honda Lease agreement seemed to be set to 36 months rather than 24. Anyone else see this on their lease agreement?

Product:2014 FIT EV
VIN:JHMZA2H40ET000169
Term: 36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:40 pm 

Curious to see how they are making the decision. I was one if not the first to get the deal when it dropped to $199/mo. My lease expired April 6th, and I got a 1 year extension i believe it was (would have to double check) but its essentially really month to month. Now that winter is here my range is in the tank. Would love to hold onto it for the economics (unlimited miles mostly), but I have a 80 mi round trip commute and there are now 6 cars vying for the L2 dual port charger at work so its a monster PITA. If anyone wants to know where/when I turn it in, let me know.

I'm looking to move into a Honda Clarity, I just pray they don't drastically cut prices shortly after I buy one.

Curious - what is this? "They did the firmware update for the charging port" Never heard of this...

Honda Fit EV 2014 #287