Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Clarity EV free (fast) charging?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:15 am 

Like Nissan, BMW, etc ...?

Insurance included in the lease??

Post subject: Re: Clarity EV free (fast) charging?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:12 am 
Site Moderator

I have read quite a bit about the car and received numerous invites for a test drive, as I'm sure all of us have. I have heard nothing about free fast charging, insurance, etc.

Looks like a fine car, but Honda obviously misjudged badly with the range on this car. I think they will have to pony up a deal like the FitEV lease to move them. I would be more interested in the plug-in version and am even considering an Accord hybrid, although lots will happen in the market between now and August of next year when my current lease expires.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:18 am 
Site Moderator

Was visiting my Honda Dealer today and asked about the Clarity Electric. The salesperson mentioned that Honda would be sweetening the deal for Honda Fit-EV folks by putting a 1K discount on the Clarity Electric. Not sure if it is true, but I'm sure well all get a letter in the future from Honda if it is.

I found the Clarity Electric very different from the Fit-EV and not sure it will be a good match for my Fit-EV replacement. Just wish to extend the Fit-EV deal as long as possible. The car just goes and goes.....60K miles and new tires this month.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:57 am 

Is the Clarity EV only available in CA? I'm in NY and haven't received anything from Honda. It wouldn't work for me anyway, but it seems just a compliance vehicle.

Fit #446
Deposit put down 6-11-13
Picked up 7-18-13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:01 pm 
Site Moderator

Per the fine print from Honda:

Clarity Electric is currently only available through authorized Honda Clarity Electric dealers in California and Oregon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:57 am 

Attended a drive session for the Clarity BEV yesterday. Nice car with lots of amenities (especially compared with the spartan Fit) but I think I'd want more range. The ride was a bit rough I thought - no better than the Fit though quieter. 19 months to go on my Fit extended lease & same range as new @ 40K miles, so no need to move on yet.
Honda reps confirmed the $1000 discount for Fit EV people off the $2000 upfront payment for the 3 year lease @ $269/month (20k miles per year), but sounds like insurance and maintenance are NOT included.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:06 pm 
Site Moderator

From my local dealer today:

I want to let you know that Honda just changed it's program for the Clarity EV. The new program requires only $1,455.42 due at signing and $216.42 a month for 36 months. Because you are a previous Honda Fit EV lessee Honda gives you a flat $1,000 towards your down payment. Your total due at signing is only $455.42!

Apparently Honda dropped the price to $199 a month for 36 months. The prices above are with CA sales tax included (about 8%). Not sure if the above quote is perfect because the honda site talks about a $899 down number. Tax and registration dollars must make up the difference.

The Honda website:
Clarity Electric Lease
Subject to availability to California and Oregon residents on approved credit through Honda Financial Services. Closed end lease for 2017 Honda Clarity Electric for well-qualified lessees. Not all applicants will qualify. No purchase option at lease end. Total monthly payments $7,164. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear, and 20 cents per mile over 20,000 miles per year. Lease includes Roadside Assistance. Total due at lease signing is $899 plus tax and registration and includes first month's payment and down payment of $700. Offer ends December 31, 2017. Please see your authorized Honda Clarity dealer for complete details. Accessories sold separately.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:38 pm 

Does this include a level 2 Leviton charger like the Fit?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:02 pm 
Site Moderator

No charger included in the current deal. Still it is a good lease rate for 20K miles per year if the car works for you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:00 pm 

That's a bummer. I accidentally broke the connector on my current Leviton charger and don't feel like paying $500 for a replacement. Was hoping this lease deal included the level 2 charger.

I'll probably end up getting the 2 year lease deals currently on the FitEV since it comes with a charger.