Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Just leased used 2014 Fit @ $199/mo - or SO I THOUGHT !!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:50 am 

Wow, new battery after 8500 miles?

I have about 51k on my car, about 47k of which are "mine". My 2 yr lease ran out in April and I've been doing month to month since then, and they put on new tires at renewal. I plan to get something else before mid-November - wish the new Leaf would be available by then. I may end up with a cheap "beater" ICE to get me through.

Love the car and the size doesn't bother me, but the range is not what I need, especially during New England winters. I have an L2 at work, but there are now other folks who utilize it as well, so its more of a hassle. With kid pickups and other errands etc after a 38 mile one-direction commute, I often need to drive more than the 40-50 miles I get for range when its cold out (and thats with heat off/low).

Honda Fit EV 2014 #287

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:48 am 

jfon101231 wrote:
Wow, new battery after 8500 miles?

I have about 51k on my car, about 47k of which are "mine". My 2 yr lease ran out in April and I've been doing month to month since then, and they put on new tires at renewal. I plan to get something else before mid-November - wish the new Leaf would be available by then. I may end up with a cheap "beater" ICE to get me through.

Love the car and the size doesn't bother me, but the range is not what I need, especially during New England winters. I have an L2 at work, but there are now other folks who utilize it as well, so its more of a hassle. With kid pickups and other errands etc after a 38 mile one-direction commute, I often need to drive more than the 40-50 miles I get for range when its cold out (and thats with heat off/low).

Bolt has much better range than a Leaf. I assume it is the price that is the issue.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:00 am 

Yeah, plus though I haven't seen in person the new Leaf seems to look a little better. Don't like they still have air cooled batteries... At this point, I'm likely down to either a Bolt or a Volt/Clarity hybrid... I can't/won't do a BEV with under 150 miles now that the pricing is more "reasonable" compared to the low $200/mo that I was paying for the Fit with unlimited miles.

Honda Fit EV 2014 #287