Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bolt EV
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:22 pm 

After being rear ended in June and having my FIT EV taken away, I have replaced my FIT EV with a Bolt EV. This is my very first American Car. I have always owned Honda and Toyota. I was somewhat nervous but I think there is much less that can go wrong with an EV.

I have had this car since July and so far have been very impressed with the battery. I have noticed that the FIT EV battery degraded significantly when driving on highways and even more significantly in cold weather.

The Bolt EV seems to have overcome this problem on highway driving as it seems to have less degradation in highway driving. Last night was our first cold spell (well 29 degrees). I charged the car and this morning it had 238 mile range on it. In the summer It could sometimes charge to 260 or 270.

As I recall the FIT would have gone from 110 in the summer to about 60 at 30 degrees. When it got down to 10 degrees, we only had about 20 miles.

Anyway, I am very happy with the Bolt. Doubling the range really makes this car much more useful.