Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Used Fit EV Two Year Lease started in November 2017
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:40 am 
Site Moderator

I noticed on the Honda website they stopped showing any cars available for release this month. This makes sense as they are certainly going to wind down the program. I got nervous about my original Fit EV Lease extension ending in about 6 months, even with the helpful comments recently that 1 Year extra extensions would be available. So I plunked down about $350 (1st monthly pmt and about $138 in documentation/DMV fees) and picked up my pick of 8 Fit EVs on the lot in Irvine, CA. I'm now good to go for two years.

The vehicle had new tires, a new 12 volt battery and was reasonably clean. Only had 33K miles on it and I'll return my original Fit EV this month to avoid a double payment this month. And a leviton charger is on the way for me to install at another favorite location for charging.

If anyone is thinking of this 'backdoor' lease extension method or just looking for a good low cost commuter car for two years, November and perhaps December might be the last opportunity...

Post subject: Re: New Used Fit EV Two Year Lease started in November 2017
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 am 
Site Moderator

Thanks for the heads up D25.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:19 am 

D25,

You took the exact car I was going to lease, lol. I just couldn't make it to the dealer when I was scheduled to lease it (31 Oct).

Think I will head over tonight and see if there are any other good ones left. Do you really think this lease deal will go away soon?

stevied

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:42 pm 
Site Moderator

They all looked fine. One had a small blemish and two or three all had HOV stickers already so you can avoid the DMV wait and get moving along in the fast lane ASAP.

Forgot to mention that the SCE (our electrical power co) EV rebate of $450 will nicely make this into no money out of pocket lease switch.

Good luck finding your lease extension Fit EV! and pay no attention to the dealer tacked on window sticker that says $650 down and $199 a month. The final finance paperwork has everything correct and you should be out the door for about $350

Pretty sure the deal will last through November 30th or until their stock is gone. My salesperson says deals usually last through the month and change on the 1st. Honda has been dumping Fit EVs at this particular dealer according to my sales guy for what that is worth. December is a guess, but there were about 35 folks who had a 3 year lease that are up in December so to be fair, Honda would likely offer them a release. Don't know if they will want to extend the release period to the general public in December while they phase out the program.

Peter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:58 pm 

Peter,

I went over during my lunch break and looked at all of them. The concern I have is that none of them show close to 82 miles fully charged. Most can only get close to 60. Do you know what the deal is with that? Thanks for your help!

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:35 pm 
Site Moderator

Don't worry at all about the range indication. Mine was low to when I got it, but likely due to hot rodding test drives and other factors. The new tires I had were not at proper pressure and that hurts also. The new tires also take a few miles to 'break-in' for max range. I'm already seeing my range numbers increase as I drive with my normal pattern.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:41 am 

Will the car still be under full warranty for the 2 years? With new tires and battery, you should be good to go for 2 years but just curious if anything else goes wrong with the car.

Also, were the tires and battery new? I spoke to a salesman there and she stated they test the battery and check the tires to make sure they are ok before leasing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:15 pm 
Site Moderator

SportMode247 wrote:
Will the car still be under full warranty for the 2 years? With new tires and battery, you should be good to go for 2 years but just curious if anything else goes wrong with the car.

Also, were the tires and battery new? I spoke to a salesman there and she stated they test the battery and check the tires to make sure they are ok before leasing.

From my experience, Honda takes care of anything and will continue to do so during the extended lease period to maintain the vehicle. They do have the power to decline a repair and terminate the lease if they don't have parts or the damage is too great to repair. I'm not worried at all about a warranty issue. The only repair/maintenance item that seemed to change over the years was the 12 VDC battery. In the early years of the Fit EV program it was definitely part of the Honda maintenance and replacement program. Later on, the website removed it as a Fit EV warranty item and I believe some folks had to take care of replacement cost of the battery in recent years while other's got it replaced if needed at no cost. If anything goes wrong with the car, I just will bring it in to repair shop and see where we go from there.

The range on my Fit EV replacement is now showing what my old one did on my customary commute routine. 82-85 miles in Normal mode after a full charge.