Honda Fit EV Forum and Electric Car Forum

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: this is how i got 6th year lease extension
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:27 am 

just thought of sharing how i ended up getting my 6th year extension, since in other threads i am reading how folks are turning in their car despite liking it very much.
my 5th year extension was completing on Sept 10. On July 27, i got emails from Honda to setup my lease end inspection and return. I did nothing.

Then about first week of Aug, i got a call from Honda finance services (HFS). The same thing; asking me to schedule inspection (which she later clarified isn't required on my car) and schedule return with the local Honda dealer. I requested her if she can grant me another extension citing other examples that Honda is selectively doing it. She checked and told me the extension is no longer available. Again i did nothing.

Then about 2 weeks ago, i got another call from Honda (from their 1.800.708.6555). i told her that i am aware of the lease end date and will return the car but wondered if she can grant me an extension. She asked for reasons why i wanted to keep the car. i explained that since Honda doesnt' have any other EV of this range and with this favorable lease terms. She said she will ask for exception and will get back to me in 2-3 days.

And she did. On Aug 21, i was all set for another extension.

So my overall advice, if you looking for extension, dont' ignore calls from HFS . And make your case that you want exception. You can definitely quote my example. I have so far driven over 110K miles, since i have a very long commute, and this car seems the best EV deal that i could find.

Post subject: Re: this is how i got 6th year lease extension
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:23 am 

Thanks for the tip. My fifth year runs until July 2019 and I am looking to hold on to the FEV as long as possible.

Drew

Fit #446
Deposit put down 6-11-13
Picked up 7-18-13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:08 pm 

Thank you for reporting on your case. My five years are up and they want mine back December 11th with no option to extend. With the Bolt being the only real option, the reality of payments for a $37K car is setting in and I'm seriously considering going back to an ICE. ACK! Maybe there's hope.

~Justine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:15 pm 
Site Moderator

Thank you for sharing your story. Someone recently turned 100,000 miles in the Facebook group and we thought it was the highest. I'd love to show them that you're up to 110-k. Can you snap a photo of your display and post it please? How many sets of tires have you used so far?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:35 pm 

sure, but the site doesnt' permit uploading pictures :( weird..
let me look for other options.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:16 am 

I got my 6th year extension back in May and it took some pointing to this forum to get it through. The rep insisted they were not granting them until I pushed the issue.

It has been a whirlwind of ev changes for us. We took delivery of a Tesla Model 3 as part of the planning to drop the Fit. But first we needed the fit to serve my son for his 120 miles a day commute for a summer internship. Then in August GM bought back my 2013 Volt as lemon for an axle problem, so the Fit replaces that for now. We have another Model 3 on order using the proceeds from the Volt buyback to pay for that.

My Fit has 80,000 miles now and it has creaks when I round corners and drive over bumps. Last week my wife backed into a pole and I took the bumper cover off and pounded things back to an acceptable shape. My daughter is learning to drive and her test is in January, so it is now her learning car. Once she passes I am going to see about getting a Clarity BEV for her to commute to school and college. The Fit will finally be given back to Honda around February at the 5 year, 8 month mark.